We understand that your data is important to you and that you care about how your information is collected and used. We have compiled the information below to explain how we gather, use, and store your information. Please read through this policy carefully. Your use of this Site indicates your consent.
- Information we collect
- How we collect your information
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- How we protect your information
- Correcting or updating your information
- Specific California resident rights
- Updates to this policy
- Contact information
Information We Collect
Defining Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information is any information collected by us or provided by you that with reasonable efforts could be used to identify you. Personally identifiable information includes the information you give to us directly, the information we automatically collect, and when applicable, information supplied to us by third parties.
Specifically, we may collect the following types of information:
- information that directly identifies you such as your name, age, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- order and billing information such as payment information, shipping address, and billing address;
- information from surveys, contests, and questionnaires such as your age, date of birth, gender, interests, lifestyle, income, race, hobbies, employment history, educational history, and social media details; and
- information regarding your requests for appointments, services, or assistance.
Please note that the Site does not access geolocation information about where you are when using the device.
We collect this information in the following ways: directly from you and directly from our partners and vendors.
As you use the Site, information we collect directly from you includes information provided in response to our direct request for your name, age, postal address, email address, and phone number. We may also collect information that you provide in correspondence with our company. In addition, when you fill out a form, complete a survey, sign up for an email list, make a purchase, share content, leave a comment on one of our boards, or engage in other similar interactions, you are directly providing us with your personal information.
Browsers and devices allow individuals to send “do not track” signals to websites. At this time, we do not take actions to respond to “do not track” signals.
In some instances, we may receive information from our third-party partners and vendors about our users. We may also incorporate third-party marketing and analytic services, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze how our Site is being used.
How We Use Your Information
We collect and use information from you for the following purposes:
- to operate and maintain our site
- to present our content to you through our site
- to communicate with you
- to fulfill our obligations to you as presented when you provided the information
- to notify you about changes to our site
- to enhance and optimize your experience
- for any other purpose within your consent
In some instances, we also use information to contact you about goods and services that you may find valuable; however, if you would not like to receive information about ongoing promotions or tools we believe are relevant to you, please contact us at 567-806-5200.
How We Share Your Information
Though we do not sell or disclose the personal information we collect in the ordinary course of our business, we may share your data with third parties in accordance with the purposes described above. Additionally, in the course of business, if we buy or sell business assets or participate in a company sale, merger, reorganization, or dissolution, the data we have collected may be part of such business transfers.
Below is a nonexhaustive list of some of the partners and vendors we use to provide our services and conduct business:
- LawPay. LawPay is a secure payment processor for law firms and you can visit its site at www.lawpay.com.
- Zola Suite. Zola Suite is a secure cloud based practice management solution for law firms and you can visit its site at www.zolasuite.com.
- Calendly. Calendly simplifies the process for scheduling meetings and you can visit its site at www.calendly.com.
- Backoffice Drafting, LLC. Backoffice Drafting, LLC is a contract paralegal service specializing in estate planning document preparation and you can visit its site at www.backofficedrafting.com.
- Wealth Counsel, LLC. Wealth Counsel, LLC is a members only drafting solution and educational forum for estate planning lawyers and you can visit its site at www.wealthcounsel.com.
How We Protect Your Information
As a company, the protection of your information is important to us. We have designed and adopted technological and organizational procedures to safeguard your data. It is important to note that while we make efforts to protect your data, security measures are not impenetrable. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information collected or transmitted to our Site. By using our Site, you consent to the transmission of your data at your own risk.
Correcting or Updating Your Information
If you discover that inaccurate information about you has been collected, or if you would like to update the information we currently have, please contact us by mail at Baker Law, Ltd., 801 W. South Boundary, Suite C, Perrysburg, Ohio 43551.
Specific California Resident Rights
- obtain additional information about “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA));
- request that we disclose certain information collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you;
- request deletion of your personal information; and
- opt out of the sale of your personal information.
The information covered by these specific rights is information that could be reasonably linked to you. It excludes information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
To exercise your right to make requests regarding your personal information, please contact us by mail at Baker Law, Ltd., 801 W. South Boundary, Suite C, Perrysburg, Ohio 43551. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing the requested information.
Updates to This Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. If any updates are made to this policy, they will be posted here. Additionally, if material changes are made to this policy, we will notify you via a notice to this Site, and registered users will receive an additional email. Please check this page frequently for updates.
Effective Date: October 8, 2020